S.O.D.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Airsoft forum

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inNew camo pattern for Afghanistan I_logoNew camo pattern for Afghanistan OTA_BannerNew camo pattern for Afghanistan Peachstate
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Good news, Sorta.
New camo pattern for Afghanistan EmptyMarch 29th 2011, 6:36 pm by Raylen

» Airsoft Games
New camo pattern for Afghanistan EmptyJanuary 18th 2011, 5:52 pm by Raylen

» Rules for Junior members
New camo pattern for Afghanistan EmptyDecember 30th 2010, 5:34 pm by RABBIT

» Merry chirstmas!!
New camo pattern for Afghanistan EmptyDecember 27th 2010, 1:10 am by Raylen

» New and Awesome M14!
New camo pattern for Afghanistan EmptyDecember 17th 2010, 6:43 pm by Raylen

» Sunday the 12th
New camo pattern for Afghanistan EmptyDecember 13th 2010, 12:44 am by Raylen

» Overkill 12/2010
New camo pattern for Afghanistan EmptyDecember 9th 2010, 9:52 pm by Raylen

» Game on 12/05/2010
New camo pattern for Afghanistan EmptyDecember 4th 2010, 6:38 pm by ThePanther

» Pimp my gun
New camo pattern for Afghanistan EmptyNovember 23rd 2010, 2:45 pm by Paype

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 89 on May 31st 2021, 12:10 am

New camo pattern for Afghanistan

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Pitbull
Admin
Pitbull

New camo pattern for Afghanistan Empty
PostSubject: New camo pattern for Afghanistan   New camo pattern for Afghanistan EmptyMarch 19th 2010, 12:51 pm

New cammo pattern for Afghanistan
Published: 23 February, 2010
Posted on http://www.defencetalk.com

WASHINGTON: Starting this summer, Soldiers sent to fight in Afghanistan will wear an Army Combat Uniform with the “MultiCam” pattern instead of the standard-issue universal camouflagepattern.

Secretary of the Army John McHugh made that announcement Feb. 19, after the serviceconducted a rigorous four-month evaluation of various uniform patterns to determine what could best protect Soldiers in Afghanistan.

The new uniforms are of the same material and cut that Soldiers are already wearing in the Army Combat Uniform or ACU. It is the camouflage printed on the fabric that will be different. The change allows commanders in Afghanistan to have more options in deciding how best to equip their Soldiers.

“As a material provider, I want to be responsive to the Soldiers I support,” said Col. William E. Cole, project manager for Soldier Protection and Individual Equipment. “I want to give commanders options, I want to be responsive to Soldiers. That is what we were trying to do — we’re working to give (them) more options.”

The uniforms bearing the new pattern, like the latest ACUs, are fire resistant. They are officially called the Fire Resistant Army Combat Uniform.

The decision to use the MultiCam pattern came after the Army evaluated its effectiveness at providing camouflage protection in Iraq. That was done, in part, by consulting with nearly 750 Soldiers who had deployed to Afghanistan. Those Soldiers participated in a “photo simulation” study administered by the Army.

Additionally, feedback from Soldiers who have already worn the uniform in Afghanistan was used to make the final decision. About 2,000 Soldiers were involved in tests to see how effective patterns such as MultiCam and UCP-Delta were at providing concealment in the varying terrain ofAfghanistan
Back to top Go down
https://spec-ops-dallas.darkbb.com

New camo pattern for Afghanistan
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
S.O.D. :: Forum News :: Military news-
Jump to: